Montag, 28. Dezember 2015

Brio as the Fulfillment and the love of old cars...

Gentlemen...It's always great to see men with timeless elegance living and managing their life and business.

Some days ago we started to introduce you to the "Most Rakish Men" from The Rake Japan while mentioning Andreas Weinås – with passion for sartorias and watches!

Another Rakish Men is George Wang from BRIO Beijing. Michael talked a bit more the last days and here is a short extract from their conversation:


Michael:

"thanks a lot.…and by the way… compliment for your taste also in cars! When I was 20 years old I had an Alfa Romeo 1600 GT Junior and I am looking forward to find a similar in the near future.“


George:

"Very nice Michael! My Alfa is a 1973 GTV 2000, it is my favorite car to drive after the 1990 Porsche 911 that I own.“


We always talk about the here and now but why not ask the "Most Rakish Men" how they became what they are today!? Finally, of course, who influenced them as a person or character in their personal fashion? Fashion and sartorial life is one part but what type of cars do the Asian Gentlemen prefer?


Now enjoy the interview of George Wang (owner of BRIO Beijing) – a very good guy:


1.
When and where were you born? I’d like to know your title

I was born in Beijing, China and moved to California when I was 11 years old. 

2.
Could you tell me the details of your career and job?

After I completed university I went to work in finance industry in Hong Kong, first with an accounting firm, and later with an American investment bank. Around the time of the last financial crisis, I left my job and went back to Beijing.

3.
I’d like to know the reason why you chose the job.

I worked in my family business for a bit but could not find satisfaction. Opening BRIO has made my life in China much more fulfilling, because I feel like I am offering something unique, valuable and genuine to my country. I have made many friends who are BRIO's customers and I feel good knowing that I have done something to inspire them.

4
Do you have anything that you collect?
And how many is it in the collection?

I have always loved cars and started to collect cars in 2009. My favorite cars are Porsche 911s, for which I now have three, a 1973 model, a 1990 model, and a 2010 model. I wish to buy another 911 from 1980 because it is my birth year. I also have two ferraris, two AMG Mercedes and an old Alfa Romeo. Also in my collection is a Honda NSX, it is in my opinion one of the best sports car ever made.
I like Porsche 911 because it is a car that has made small changes with each generation for over 50 years. It is much like classic men's clothing, while the style is constantly being updated, the philosophy and taste are unchanged.      

Keine Kommentare: